The purpose of this course is to provide the participants with the knowledge, information and procedures of how to deal with piracy at sea and mitigate the risks while transiting in High-Risk Areas by commercial ships and/or yachts.
At the end of the training course the participant shall:
· Identify the threats and problems caused by the piracy at sea
· Understand the pirate attacks and how to prepare for transiting high and extended risk areas
· Explain how to mitigate the risks of pirate attacks
· Prepare routes in advance prior transiting high-risk areas
· Define the responsibilities of the crew in case pirates board the vessel