· This course aims to assist the trainees in the requirements and use of the IMSBC Code and its application.
· This course will provide a detailed guide to ship’s officers and crew, shipping companies and ship operators involved in cargo operations on the safe carriage of solid bulk cargoes.
· Included in this course are latest updates, supplements and information on the use of IMSBC Code.
· The course will feature case studies of real incidents at sea.
· It will help the learner understand on how to maintain safe and effective cargo operations by identifying safe procedures and practices during the carriage of bulk cargoes.
At the end of the training course the participant shall:
· Define what is IMSBC Code and its application.
· Understand the objectives of IMSBC.
· Classify different types of cargoes.
· Distinguish the layout of IMSBC Code.
· Familiarize the latest amendment of IMSBC Code
· Familiarize the form for Cargo Information for solid bulk cargoes
· Discuss the carriage of solid bulk cargo.
· Analyze and understand different case studies